Monday, May 25, 2009

Retirement Celebration

Well, on Wednesday, May 20th, Hanford Elementary had their "Employee Recognition." I was called up for 30 years of service for HESD. This year I received an 8 inch bronze statue of a girl sitting and reading a book. It was nice. But my big moment came when our superintendent, Dr. Terry, called my name for RETIRING! That was my big moment! He introduced me as "The Advisor to the Superintendent." We both grinned! Although a bit blurry, you can get the idea. Board member Dennis Hill give me a big hug. I am not sure if he is going to miss me, like he said, or if he is just relieved that I am going! (Dennis and I have been through a lot with standing up for better education....most times in the past we were minority on the direction of the district and the superintendent.)

We are now blessed with a fabulous superintendent, who is turing the district in the right direction! It is an honor to be picture with Dr. Paul Terry. I love and respect this man for the decisions, vision, and witt this man has brought to our school district. He really cares about the children, teachers, and our reputation! Although I will miss working with this man and HESD, retirement seems like a lot more fun. I am not reconsidering! 9 days to go!!!!!

3 comments:

nate-in-the-box said...

congratulations! i hear starbucks is hiring.

you will always be a teacher, regardless of retirement, you are incredible.Your love of kids and dedication to their growth is admirable, and something i hope to find within myself.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Mimi!
Bee is ready to play when you are ready! She is also ready to learn from you! annie

Amy Taylor said...

Congratulations! I know you've been looking forward to this. Enjoy.