Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Golly Miss Polly----Wog That Is......

We have pollywogs, for the first time in quite a few years. There's maybe a hundred or so, not the thousands we have had in the past. I hope enough stay around for awhile to watch them grow.


This is my mostly blind fish that you practically have to hand feed. He has real trouble finding the food. I thought he had gotten eaten when a heron or egret found this to be a tempting sushi bar. Several fish were taken and it traumatized the others so badly that they stayed hidden for months and I thought I had gotten completely wiped out. They are slowly coming around but still skitish.

1 comment:

nate-in-the-box said...

your reduction in wog count (could go there, but won't) in recent years is probably due to the absence of your chief importer of amphibians, namely, me. glad to see the ecosystem is rebounding.