Wednesday, April 16, 2008

spring musings.....

With the abundant rain this winter comes the abundant blossoms. It is a flowery feast for the eyes everywhere you go.What's a spring without peeps? They made themselves at home in the backyard.






Peeps by the pool .


This is a toilet paper tree just starting to bloom....very rare.

Lattice peeps.




A rare rear peep at peeps. This shot replicates some that I have taken at the Lind family reunion at the park in Greeley.



I saved this for last because it means the most to me. These Iris rhizomes(?) are very old. These were my grandma Hatchers, my mom's mom, from her garden. She was a prolific flower grower. When she passed away and they sold the house, I took all the white ones I could get and have been taking care of them for over twenty years. I think these could easily be thiry to forty years old, maybe even older. I have moved them many times around the yard but the last move this winter seems to be the best. They are flourishing. As long as I see them I will always think of grandma Hatcher, I spent many hours of my youth with her in the garden and aviary. Happy times.












































2 comments:

nate-in-the-box said...

nice story, and use of the word rhizomes (also, i believe, the correct usage){underground runners-strawberries have above ground runners that are called something else} great peep(s) show.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog!

Cory