Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Want More.......

I barely remember how to do this, it's been so long. I hope to get back into the swing of things, as I know you are all crying out for new, creative posts from me to enrich your days.
Anywhoooo, We went to see Oliver last night. I was interested to see how well it went, as this was the first show of the tour after they finished rehersals in NYC. As expected there were some glitches...starting late, spot lights where they shouldn't be but that kind of thing just makes live theater real. Overall the voices were very strong. The orchestra was small and hidden on stage in the props but they put out an incredible amount of great music. The play started slowly but picked up speed and finished nicely. It is Dickens so it tends to the grimer side of life and not necessarily a childrens show. We also had a great time reconnecting with the friends that we have sat with for many years. Next show won't be until January so we wished everyone a Merry Christmas. This felt good and I think I will write again soon.

No comments: