Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Giving Angels of Love

Today an interesting thing happened to me before school. Mr. Moore, my substitute from when I went to NYC came to my classroom holding a small brown lunch bag. Now you need to know that Mr. Moore is at least 70 years old and a wonderful educator. Well, he said he had a gift for Baby Bee. His wife had made it for her and the bag was not fancy, but the gift made me smile. It was the handmade pink cap and booties shown below. Never meeting Mrs. Moore, and only knowing Mr. Moore on a professional level, it was a shocker that my grandbaby would be considered for a love gift such as this. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Moore for your generosity. You amaze me!Well, just before leaving for NYC, the Character Coach comes to me, package in hand, and says, "I was shopping for my baby girl and found this cute little outfit that had a Bee on it. I just had to get it for your grandbaby." Again, I am blown away. Carin Lake will probably never even see Bee, but she wanted to give some love. You amaze me Carin! Thank you! So, we go to our regular theater seats to see a play, and the lady who sits behind us passes a bag to us to give to Bee. (Of course this was so early on, we did not know if Bee was a girl or boy.) But, Virginia wanted to show her love to our new baby to be. She knitted the yellow hat with matching booties and made the quilt with ducks on it. Again, overwhelmed with the generosity of people who will probably never meet baby Bee. Thank you Virginia, you are a sweetheart!


So I go to the lady who gives me my spray tans. Sigrid says, "Before you leave, I have some things I want you to have for your grandbaby. My grandbaby girl, Marlie had outgrown them, and I want you to have them."
So, I have photographed all the things she has been sending home with me! Again, blown away! Thank you Sigrid for the walker, bounce seat, entertaining changing mat, and many, many, many clothes for Baby to enjoy! You are a sweetie!







Then just before leaving for NYC, my mom says, "I have a friend that made baby Bee a beautiful pink afgan." Well, you can see in the picture the beautiful craftsmanship of Joan Dae. Joan is in a wheelchair and lives in Lemoore. I have only met this kind lady one time, yet she had made this beautiful afgan for baby Bee. God Bless you Joan, you amaze me. Thank you!
I guess, I just wanted to officially appreciate the kindnesses of people who know how to give to others. I know the Bible says, "Give and it shall be given to you." I know all the people mentioned in this blog are blessed folks! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love you have shown to my baby Bee! You are Giving Angels of Love.

1 comment:

coryandannie said...

Wow! The Bruce family is sure loved!!! I am glad that I am a Bruce!!! I can't wait to come home to California to play with everything!!!
Thank you everybody!
Love, Baby Bee