Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So Bye, Bye Miss American Pie.....

The day the music died, February 3, 1959. A seminal moment in music cultural history that not surprisingly has grown much larger than the actual event at the time. Fifty years ago I was 8 and try as I might I have no distinct memory of that day. I'm marking more and more of these 50th anniversaries of significant events in my life. While there are many things I remember vividly from back then, others like today have slipped away. I wonder what causes insignificant things to stick in your brain while other "bigger" things fail to gain a foothold. More on this at a later time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no..........the music died before I was born!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Did you know Willie Nelson was supposed to be on the plane, but drew the short straw and didn't get a seat? I wonder how things would have been different...



Cory

Anonymous said...

It wasn't Willie, it was Waylon Jennings that gave up his seat. M